I decided last week that i should start eating more mushrooms. Ive never liked mushrooms, but a bit like olives and wine i think its something im going to grow into. So off i toddle to grab a bag of mushies. I get home, put them on a plate and then just stare at them wondering what actually one does with them. Then i figured they are kinda nice looking and so until i can decide how to eat them i would photograph them instead.
It was dark and so i used a lamp for light. I sat it high up above the bench to try to keep the light natural and used the lens hood to prevent flaring.
I used a shallow depth of field for these ones (f/6.3), on the above shot that didnt mean much as the subject was shallow anyhow, but gives a totally different persective on the angle below.

Then with this next one i increased the aperture to f/9 and tried to show the detail of the mushroom skin in the foreground.
So then it was time for dinner, and still feeling clueless about mushrooms, i grabbed my favourites for this time of year - asparagus and broadies and decided to photo them before i ate them. Aperture of f/11 so that i could focus in on the heads, but keep part of the stalks in focus too.


Then broadies in various stages of preparation. This one i severely cropped but i think the focus was ok to do that. It was shot on f/11 but cropped right down its all in focus.

Then as i was shelling. I took heaps of these pics at various angles but in the end chose the straight on version as my favourite. Sometimes i find too many weird angles does my head in, sometimes i just like 'simple'.

No comments:
Post a Comment