Sunday, September 21, 2008

pro practise take 1 - the vegie shop

Ok so just as a practise i asked the local vegie shop if i could come and snap some pics in their shop. I explained i had a new camera and was just after experience doing photography for businesses, as some day i have dreams of doing photography professionally.

i guess the first thing that i realised was that its really weird being watched. I have only really snapped in my own time with no one around, and its quite awkward to be stared at while you are trying to concentrate on lighting and angles (and umm lying upside down under a scale just to see what it looks like). I got a bit freaked to be honest, and just wanted to get out. I think that should just improve with more practise.....i hope.

The second lesson was that you cant just play with lights on, lights off, lamp here, torch there. I need to look at a flash for indoor stuff as the shutter speed was too low for a lot of the shots and so they were blurred (as i was hand holding the camera). Also the lighting in the fruit room was just plain awful, it cast an orange glow over everything. Im sure photoshop could fix it, but, well, i dont have photoshop yet.

So i think its fair to say, first practise run as a pro, was bordering on a disaster!! Nonetheless, since this is all a learning experience, i shall post the best of them, heres 5 that i am ok with. Im not put off, i have another practise tonight as a pretend sports phorographer, and then later in the week snapping a B&B.











No comments: