Wednesday, October 1, 2008

its raining

Its raining so am just faffing around with some ideas i have been playing with in my head of late. I like looking at my running medals and so wanted to give them some attention.
Then was given the idea yesterday about taking some rock pics, i love rocks but have struggled for ways to give them justice. So the ideas for these pics were stolen from other photographers, but given a Kath flavour. The brick behind the first one is rather significant as i dug it up whilst on a job one day, it was a hand made brick from Guildford, made by the prisoners during early settlement. I love its texture, against the smooth pebbles.
And while at it i grabbed some of the shells i collected years ago from 80 Mile Beach, up in the north west. I took the colour out of this shot to try to increase the tranquility of the image.
Then i started faffing with my journal. Id like to re-do these pics on someone else writing as its quite hard to get at a good angle with yourself as the model.

No comments: